Sunday, May 8, 2011

Am I ready to Buy a Home? Test for Readiness

Simple test give you the answer if you are ready, just answer 'yes' or 'no' to each question below.

1. Do I have a current, reliable source of income?
2. Is my employment history strong for the past two to three years?
3. Is my job reliable?
4. Do I pay my bills on time?
5. Is my credit score not low ( above 640)?
6. Do I have few loans that are current or recently paid off that illustrate my creditworthiness and payment history?
7. Do I have a downpayment (20% of purchased price) to buy today?
8. Am I able to pay a monthly mortgage payment, property taxes and insurance and manage repairs and/or maintenance of the home? ( Ideally, having a savings cushion of 4 -6 month of living epenses is good planning)

--------------------------------------------------
If you've answered yes to all of these questions, you are ready to start shopping for new home. Congratulations, it is time to call me and see that is your situation and what home fits your financinal picture.........


No comments: